HOMEABOUT MERESUMETUTORIALSMY FAVES

Friday, May 29, 2020

A 'Hooray' Sliding Panel Birthday Mini Album


Today's project is a birthday themed mini album made with the festive 'Hooray' collection by Authentique.  This mini album measures 7 1/4" x 5" inches & has a 2 3/4" inch spine.

The mini album was for sale in my Etsy shop, The Midnight Kraft Desk but has since sold. However, I can make this type of mini album in any theme.  If interested, feel free to reach out to me either via here or my Etsy shop.

I did not have the opportunity to create a tutorial for this project. If enough requests come in, I'll add this project to the list of tutorials that I can put together for the future.  At a minimum, I'll create a brief tutorial on how to create the pages used in this album.


I've created a large shaker on the cover of the album. As soon as I saw this collection, I knew I wanted to embed a shaker in my project.  At first, I was going to use the shaker as the spine of the album, but after some thought I decided to add it to the cover instead.


Each page in the album consists of a sliding panel on one side & a pocket on the other. 

The sliding panel keeps the photo mats underneath closed. The sliding panel can move from left to right & reveals a photo mat underneath each side. When the sliding panel completely moves to one side, the photo mat on the opposite side can then be opened.


On both the front & back covers there is a belly band.  Inside each belly band I've put a folded photo mat measuring 4 1/4" x 5 1/2" inches. These photo mats can hold up to 4 photos each measuring up to 4" x 5 1/4" inches.



Each photo mat underneath the sliding panel flips open revealing additional space for photos. These photo mats measure 4 1/4" x 3 1/4" inches and can store photos measuring up to 3" x 4" inches.




Each pocket page measures 7" x 4 1/2" inches. These pockets can easily fit 4" x 6" inch photos--no cropping necessary.


Supplies: Paper - Authentique, Other - Sequins

Below is a video walkthrough of this mini album. Enjoy & stay safe!


Photobucket

3 comments:

  1. Love a tutorial on how to make the pages.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I really like this album. I would love to see a tutorial on it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Kay I would love to see a tutorial on how to make the sliding panel. This is such a cute mini album.

    ReplyDelete

All comments are very much appreciated. Thank you for stopping by!