HOMEABOUT MERESUMETUTORIALSMY FAVES

Sunday, May 10, 2020

A 'Flawless' Cascading Mini Album


Happy Mother's Day everyone!  I hope you all are staying healthy & safe. Mother's Day took a whole new meaning for me some seven years ago with the birth of my son. Having him introduced me to the world of motherhood & let's just say that I finally understood many things about my own mom when I became a mom myself.

I'm fortunate to have my mom still with me.  She's in her early 80's and in relatively good health.  For my Mother's Day project, I've created another version of a cascading mini album. I've used the lovely 'Flawless' collection for my project.

This album is for sale in my Etsy shop, The Midnight Kraft Desk.

The album measures 5" x 3 3/4" inches with two 2" inch spines. I've decorated the outside of the album with a mini mushroom bird & fabric flowers.  The pink star organza flower is from my own stash. I still have a few of these flowers in different colors available for sale in my Etsy shop.  

The album is held closed with magnets.


The album consists of 10 pocket pages.  Each pocket page measures 4 3/4" x 3 1/4" inches. Inside each pocket there are photo mats measuring 4 1/2"x 3 1/2" inches. Each photo mat is decorated with a cut-apart from the collection.


I've further decorated the borders of every pocket with silver washi tape. The backs of each pocket were all decorated with the coordinating Spectrum card stock 'Tickled Pink'.



The pages are attached with an accordion binding to the album. 

The first pocket page is attached to the front cover of the album with magnets. All pages of the album can extend giving the album a cascading effect.



Here's a side view of the album. As shown, the accordion binding is not attached to the album itself.


This album would provide a unique way for storing pictures & journaling of mom or for mom. Below is a video walkthrough of the album.  

Supplies: Paper - Authentique 'Flawless' collection, Other: Mushroom Bird, Fabric Flowers, Magnets

Enjoy & stay safe!



Photobucket

No comments:

Post a Comment

All comments are very much appreciated. Thank you for stopping by!