HOMEABOUT MERESUMETUTORIALSMY FAVES

Wednesday, January 8, 2020

A 'Rejoice' Waterfall Mini Album With Tutorial


Happy New Year everyone!  Well, it's needless to say that I'm a bit behind on my posts.  Hmmmm.  Seems I haven't posted since Halloween!  Tsk, tsk, tsk.  So I'm going to resume my posts with this Christmas themed project that I made for Authentique in December.

For today's post I have a waterfall mini album. The album was made with the 'Rejoice' collection & it was an ideal collection for this type of mini album.  The 'Rejoice' collection comes with an entire 12" x 12" inch stack full of cut-aparts.  I feel that collections that come with many cut-aparts are ideal for waterfall mini albums--since most of the work is already done for you!

I've created a couple of waterfall mini albums with this collection & I still have a good amount of cut-aparts left.  I love it!

This mini album measures 9 3/4" inches high by 4 1/4" inches wide & has a 1 1/2" inch spine. The covers & spine are made with medium weight chipboard.

Mini album is available for sale in my Etsy shop 'The Midnight Kraft Desk'.  Feel free to pay my shop a visit if interested.


I've decorated the covers with two fabric poinsettias that I had in my stash.



The inside of the mini album has two booklets housing two waterfalls & one double pocket page. The mini album has a total of four waterfalls & two double pocket pages.  Each waterfall has 10 photo mats.  If you use both the front & back of each photo mat, you can store up to 80 photos. If you only use the back of each photo mat, then you can store up to 40 photos.  

The photo mats are perfect for wallet sized photos but can fit photos up to 3" x 4" inches.


Each photo mat is held closed with a belly band that tucks behind the waterfall.  I've decorated the belly bands with sliding fabric poinsettias. 


The double pocket pages are on the inside of the booklets. Both pockets on each page are full length pockets.  I've stored even more cut-aparts within these pockets.  :-). On the top pocket I've added a gold paper clip decorated with red glitter tulle & a strip of white lace.


Here's the inside of the other booklet.  It's a bit hard to photograph but the booklets open outwards; so the pages mirror each other. 




Supplies used: Paper - Authentique, Embellishments - Authentique, Other - Fabric Poinsettias, Card Stock, Medium Weight Chipboard, Ribbon

These mini albums make for a wonderful, personal gift.  They are versatile & can be made in any theme.  These albums also provide a unique way to store several photos.

Below you'll find two videos.  One is a walk through of the album. The video made it much easier to showcase the album since it's a bit difficult to photograph the layout of the album.

The second video is a tutorial.  I hope you find the tutorial helpful.  Enjoy!



Photobucket

1 comment:

  1. Goodafternoon, you showed a larger book on this video do you have a cutting guide for that one?

    ReplyDelete

All comments are very much appreciated. Thank you for stopping by!