HOMEABOUT MERESUMETUTORIALSMY FAVES

Wednesday, January 25, 2012

It All Began With A Promise


Good evening once again fellow scrappers! Seems like I've had a very productive January! I think this is the most I've posted in one month. :-) Let's just say that I started the New Year with lots of inspiration!

Today's page I made for the Bird Is The Word 'Promise' challenge & for Case #3 going on over at C.S.I. I think that the other reason for my consistent scrapping is these challenges that I've been participating in. They really do motivate you to scrap those pages.

This is my husband & I on our wedding day. Hard to believe that we're already heading into our 5th year of marriage.

Here's the challenge for C.S.I containing the color scheme I used on this page. The colors were more towards the pastel side but I took the darker shade of brown & made that my primary color. I then went with the lighter colors for everything else. Just a bit out of my comfort zone but that's what these challenges are about.

The bird cage is a wooden embellishment by Kaisercraft. The cute little bird on the cage I bought from Lidia's Etsy store--just one of several cute embellies she has in her shop.

The title is on a chipboard label by Dusty Attic. To give the chippie that metallic look--I first painted the chipboard with an ivory metallic acrylic paint. I then spritzed it with Pralines & Cream & Cashmere Smooch.
TIP: Want a unique way to store lengthy journaling but not exactly 'hide' it? Why not display it on your page as a scroll? As you can see from this photo--I used a scroll to hold my journaling & to add a unique embellishment to my page.

Just print your journaling on paper or vellum (or both like I did) & roll it up. Then take a pieces of scrap card stock or thick patterned paper--& cut two strips of paper about 1 3/4" inches long by 1/2" wide. NOTE: make sure that you use fairly thick card stock/patterned paper for the makeshift straps you're going to use to hold your scroll. If you use thin paper--the straps will most likely rip. Finally adhere the straps to your page making sure to leave enough room to slide your scroll through. NOTE: Use brads to decorate the ends of your straps. I adhered the brads to my straps as decoration. The straps are glued to my page with strong adhesive instead. These makeshift straps are what's going to hold your scroll in place so they have to be adhered very well onto your page. I felt that adhering them directly to the page with brads may end up ripping my page. So that's why I went about it this way.


Here's my scroll journaling taken out of it's holding spot. Once done, simply roll it back up & tuck it back into your straps!

As I mentioned in an earlier post--one of my resolutions was to use up the tons of ribbon in my stash. So I intertwined a bit of sheer gold ribbon amongst my flowers & Prima vine.

I once again used a bit of tulle for this page to give it a softer, delicate feel.

The cute little charm that I have hanging from my large mulberry paper rose with a Tim Holtz memo pin was also purchased in an Etsy shop. This one is owned by a very nice lady named Kat and her store Beyond Charms is full of lots of lovely charms just like this one that can be added to any page/card/project.

The two large light brown shabby roses was also bought at an Etsy store. Seems like I did a lot of shopping in Etsy for this page! That's the beauty of owning an Etsy shop of your own--you tend to support your other fellow crafters that are in the same boat as you. These shabby roses can be found over at Frog Feathers along with many other fabulous trims, lace & miscellaneous embellishments. The light pink crochet doily I also bought from Frog Feathers.

Finally an owl glimmer glass embellishment by Tattered Angels. I used a resin cameo by Webster's Pages for the owl's tummy.

Thanks to all of you who stop by for a visit!
Photobucket

9 comments:

  1. Awesome work. Thanks so much for all the details and also the tips you provide. Gorgeous photo too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh Kay, this is phenomenal! I love all the scrappy goodness and details.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Stunning work, Kay! Love the scroll, tule and the bouquet of flowers, so perfectly arranged. I always like to look at your LO's close up, so thanks for always taking such wonderful photos!

    ReplyDelete
  4. So beautiful Kay.....very creative as always!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love all the details! Thanks for joining our challenge at BITW. Very pretty work!

    ReplyDelete
  6. ummm, wowwww what a stunning page, thanks for subbing this beautiful creation at BITW xo

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi Kay! Sooo Beautiful page!!! love it!! lovely photo
    Thanks for playing along at BITW!!

    ReplyDelete

All comments are very much appreciated. Thank you for stopping by!