HOMEABOUT MERESUMETUTORIALSMY FAVES

Monday, January 23, 2012

Winter Fairy Card


Good evening fellow scrappers. I thought I'd quickly upload this card I made in early December. I wanted to upload this while we were still in 'winter' mode.

I bought this very adorable stamp over at Whimsy Stamps titled 'Winter Fairy'. This stamp gave me the opportunity to take out my Prismacolor pencils & do something I've loved to do since I was a child--color!

I used Stickles to further decorate my image.

I stamped the image on a piece of transparency & layered it over my original stamped image. You can see in this photo the very cool dimension the transparency provides--especially for the wings.

The stick pin was handmade with beads from my stash & I tucked a small white doily in the upper corner.

I used small dots of White Liquid Pearls to simulate snow flakes falling in the background.

I tucked a bit of gauze in the lower right had corner of my image to simulate a bit of snow.

The pine cones were made with Tim Holtz's Pine Cone die. I dabbed a bit of white acrylic paint on them along with some Rock Candy Stickles to give the effect of snow--a tip I got from Mr. Tim Holtz himself.

The metallic red poinsettia is by Prima.

All the papers I used to make this card are Christmas themed papers I've had in my stash since forever. It was great to finally get the chance to use some of them up.
Photobucket

3 comments:

  1. Hermosa Kay, cada trabajo tuyo es una obra de arte. ¡Wow y más wow!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is one of the prettiest winter cards I've seen! Wonderful techniques Kay!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Kay, you did a fabulous card! Love the techniques you used. Great JoB!
    -Sony

    ReplyDelete

All comments are very much appreciated. Thank you for stopping by!