HOMEABOUT MERESUMETUTORIALSMY FAVES

Tuesday, January 3, 2012

Enjoy The Journey Canvas


Good morning fellow scrappers & bloggers & happy 2012! New Year, new fresh outlook to life, new resolutions! I hope everybody had a wonderful, happy & safe New Years.

Today's project is one I've had done for some time now & simply haven't posted. It's an 8x8 canvas based on family.

I used a variety of glimmer mists for the background as well as transparencies, corrugated cardboard, metal embellishments, tiles, glass beads mixed media, embossing & of course stamping.

The hinges is by Tim Holtz & are made out of grunge board. They were first inked with Vintage Photo Distress ink. Next they were dry embossed with Tim Holtz's Dot Matrix & Gridlock embossing folder. Finally they were randomly heat embossed with gold embossing powder.

For the background I used the following Glimmer Mists: Riptide, Blue Skies, Tuscan Sun, Candy Corn & Sunkissed Peach. The metal clock is by Tim Holtz. The transparent Owl is by Tattered Angels. The corrugated cardboard was first painted with metallic ivory acrylic paint & then spritzed with Pralines & Cream Smooch.

The burlap flower was made with Tim Holtz's Tattered Florals die. I used my burlap flower technique to make this flower. If interested in a tutorial on how to make burlap flowers, please go here. I used the same concept. Only difference is that this flower has just one layer.

The corner flourish chippie is by Dusty Attic.

The glass vial is by Tim Holtz. I've become a big fan of using these cute little glass vials in my projects. I simply fill them with glass beads that I have in my stash & wrap a bit of hemp or twine around them.

The title & the random script is all made with stamps. I stamped the images onto a transparency & then adhered the transparencies where I wanted on the canvas.

Here you can also see the glass beads mixed media I used to make the large flourish on the canvas. I used a template by Crafters Workship for the large flourish. I spread the transparent glass bead mixture along the template making sure I fully covered the pattern I wanted. Once done I removed the template & let the glass beads dry. This media is transparent so in order to make the flourish stand out a bit more, I painted over the flourish with a bit of white acrylic paint.

A big thanks to all of you who stop by for a visit. Your visit and/or comments are very much appreciated!
Photobucket

9 comments:

  1. Love this canvas! The details are all very cool...looks like it was fun to do~ Have a fabulous New Year!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Kay is ABSOLUTELY GORGEOUS YOUR PROJECT!.... I really like the colors and composition. Definetely, I will your work as inspiration for my first canvas project!......

    Greetings from Spain

    ReplyDelete
  3. Kay this is fabulous! I love all the details you provided to us in your description. Very inspiring.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love the hinges and flower centers. Nice job with the transparency titles. Very nice and creative arrangement!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Me gusta como te quedo y la mezcla de diferentes materiales y la combinacion de colores esta genial!
    Muchas Felicidades en el New Year!!
    Un abrazo!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Demasiadas cosas lindas juntas! Sos una super artista! Felicidades por ganar OUAS, esa página estaba de morirse, la amé! Un abrazo

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a gorgeous project, Kay! You do really beautiful work! Can't wait to see some of your layouts in our CSI gallery!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Very inspiring and beautiful, Kay! TFS!
    ~Gerry~

    ReplyDelete
  9. Extremadamente fabuloso!! Kay, muchas gracias por deleitar con tu excelente trabajo. Recien subi una info a mi blog de Art Journal (que envuelve el Mixed Media) y este trabajo me lo recordo.
    Gracias por la inspiracion.
    -Sony
    http://sonia-studio60.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

All comments are very much appreciated. Thank you for stopping by!