HOMEABOUT MERESUMETUTORIALSMY FAVES

Wednesday, July 11, 2018

PageMaps Teamup - Frontier Layout

Authentique is teaming up with PageMaps for the month of July!  For my PageMaps project--I jumped at the chance to work with a 12x12 sketch.  I hadn't done a layout in a very long time & was looking forward to working on one again.  Layouts were the very first thing I started working with when I began dabbling in scrapbooking--so it was nice to go back to good ol' fashioned 12x12 layouts.

For this past Father's Day, I took several pictures of the two most important guys in my life--my husband & son.  I gave them the matching t-shirts seen in the photos as a Father's Day gift & then went on a photo shoot roll!  :-)  I loved many of the pictures I took--these two are just a few of my faves.  I used Authentique's 'Frontier' collection for my layout.  I felt that the masculine theme & colors from the 'Frontier' collection complimented my photos perfectly.


Here's the PageMaps sketch that my layout is based on.  I especially enjoyed the elements shown underneath the photos because these could be just about any sort of embellishment.  I ended up using a combination of hexagon, stars & circle shapes.

Here's a close up of my embellishment cluster with all the different shapes.  In addition to the shapes, I further decorated these embellishments by adding sequins, mini spiral paper clips & black ink splatters.


In this pocket I stored several tags made from the leftover scraps plus two journaling cards where I plan to add dates, thoughts & memories about this day from my point of view.







Supplies: Paper - Authentique, Sketch - PageMaps, Punches - Fiskars, Dies - Tim Holtz, Other - Sequins, Mini Spiral Paper Clips

Thanks for stopping by!

Photobucket

No comments:

Post a Comment

All comments are very much appreciated. Thank you for stopping by!