HOMEABOUT MERESUMETUTORIALSMY FAVES

Tuesday, July 9, 2019

A 'Blizzard Book' Recipe Mini Album Made With 'Ingredient'


Today's post is a mini album (no surprise there) :-) made in the style of a 'blizzard book'.  I've used the cute culinary-themed collection 'Ingredient' by Authentique for this mini.  Mini album is for sale in my Etsy shop, The Midnight Kraft Desk.

The mini measures 6 1/4" x 4 3/4" inches & I've designed it so that one can store several recipe cards & even photos if desired.

For the most part, I've kept the cover simple.  I've only decorated it with a couple of wooden spoon embellishments that I had in my stash, a pair of ribbon star-shaped flowers & one white cherry blossom mulberry paper flower.  The album is held closed with red ribbon.


For the binding of the mini, I've used the 'blizzard book' technique.  This is a technique that I first found while browsing through Pinterest.  I'm not sure exactly from where this type of binding came from--but since I've discovered it--I've seen several different types of variations on this binding technique.  If you Google 'blizzard book tutorial' you'll come across several blog posts & video tutorials.  I'll provide the link here to the blog post I followed to make my binding.  It's in a different language--but I was able to understand based on the photos.  You can find that blog post here.

I also quickly went through YouTube & found this video to be the most helpful.  This style of binding is also seen as a form of origami fold.  Whichever approach you use--I found this sort of binding to be perfect if you're looking to create a mini album in a short amount of time.  Even though the binding & technique for this mini is simple, I found that you're able to store a good amount of items within it.


There are five pages measuring 4 3/8" x 6" inches.  Each page opens up & provides room to store up to 4 photos and/or recipes.  I've also included several cut-a-parts & sticker elements from the paper collection to further decorate the album.




This collection also comes with a page that's full of 4" x 6" inch recipe cards!  These were perfect add-ons for this mini.  I've cut the cards apart & have tucked one behind each of the pages.



Here's a top view of the binding.  I found that thick paper like the ones Authentique produces is perfect for this type of folding technique.  The thickness of the paper keeps it from ripping & creates a sturdy hold.

Supplies: Paper - Authentique, Embellishments - Authentique, Fabric Flowers - The Midnight Kraft Desk, Other - Wooden Kitchen Utensils, Ribbon, Mulberry Paper Flowers

Below is a video showcasing the mini.  Hope this inspires some of you to give this type of mini a try.  Enjoy! 


Photobucket

No comments:

Post a Comment

All comments are very much appreciated. Thank you for stopping by!