HOMEABOUT MERESUMETUTORIALSMY FAVES

Friday, September 4, 2020

An 'All-Star Soccer' Chipboard Mini Album


For today's project, I've used the fabulous 'All-Star Soccer' paper collection by Authentique to finally document a few of my son's soccer photos.

This is a shaped chipboard mini album that I've had in my stash for several years. The album is in the shape of what else--but a soccer ball.  :-)

The album measures 5 1/4" inches in diameter & consists of four pages.  I do not count the top as a page since it's a decorative page & is what gives this album it's 'soccer ball' design.

The album is held together with a book ring.  The book ring is decorated with several pieces of ribbon & tulle in shades of green & black.


I've painted the cover with black acrylic paint & then embossed it with black glitter embossing powder. This gave the cover a shiny 'glitter' effect.  I further decorated it with a little soccer boy clipart that I printed on heavy white card stock.  The little boy fits my son's description; with his dark hair & brown eyes.


I already started putting pictures in the album.  This is the first page & has a photo of my son during his very first soccer practice some 3+ years ago!  My son started playing soccer at the age of 4. 



I also created this little fold out from one of the 3" x 4" inch cut-apart cards from the collection. This flips open to reveal additional places for storing photos.  I keep it closed with a belly band that tucks under the fold out from one side. I've decorated the belly band with another card stock sticker from the collection.


The entire album is decorated with buttons, rhinestones, soccer ball stickers & card stock sticker embellishments that I've cut from the paper collection.


This is one of two pocket pages in the album.  This is a verticle pocket page & I've inserted one of the cut-apart cards from the collection inside the pocket after matting it on black card stock.



I've also inserted these small Kraft envelopes throughout the album (two total).  These envelopes can hold additional photos and/or journaling. With the cut-apart cards from the collection, I've created small pockets where little tags and/or photos can be stored.

Both of these pages with the Kraft envelope have a white paper clip that I've decorated with the same ribbon & tulle that I've used on the book ring.


Here's the back of the album. I've created a horizontal pocket and tucked inside a tag that came with the collection.  I fussy cut the soccer shirt from one of the 3" x 4" inch cut-apart cards & stored it in the pocket as well.

Supplies: Paper - Authentique, Chipboard Album - SA Crafts, Other - Sequins, Buttons, Tulle, Ribbon, Chipboard embellishments, Rhinestones

Hope some of you found this little album inspirational.  Stay safe!

Photobucket

1 comment:

All comments are very much appreciated. Thank you for stopping by!