HOMEABOUT MERESUMETUTORIALSMY FAVES

Tuesday, October 24, 2017

A 'Tricky' Tri-Fold Halloween Mini Album

For this Halloween project, I decided to go back to an oldie but goodie.  A tri-fold mini!  I've been making these on & off for several years now.  They are quick & easy to make & are really cute & unique keepsakes.  They can also hold several photos all depending on how one decides to use the mini.

Mini is for sale in my Etsy shop The Kraft Nook.

With Halloween just around the corner, I made this Halloween themed tri-fold mini with Authentique's 'Tricky' collection.


The mini measures 9 1/4" x 3 1/4" inches and has chipboard covers. This time around, I decided to use an elastic ribbon belly band as the closure for the mini.  For my older tri-fold minis, I've used basic ribbon--but this time I decided to use something different & even easier to take on & off.

This style of minis consist of three different rows with a total of twelve 3"x 3" inch panels in the front & twelve more in the back.  However, only ten of these panels can be used to store photos in the front & four can be used on the back.  This is because of how the mini is adhered to the covers.
 

I've included a pocket in the back of the mini with a journaling card which is actually one of the cut aparts from the 'Tricky' collection that I've trimmed down to size.
The embellishments for this type of mini need to have very little dimension since this is a flat mini with no gussets.  I've added a couple of Halloween themed stickers to decorate the mini.

Supplies Used:  Paper - Authentique, Dies - Sizzix Tim Holtz, Other - Chipboard, Fabric Flowers, Elastic Ribbon

 Below is my tutorial for this tri-fold mini.  It was made a couple of years ago--but the steps haven't changed.  This is the sort of project that doesn't seem to go out of style.  Enjoy!

 


Photobucket

No comments:

Post a Comment

All comments are very much appreciated. Thank you for stopping by!