HOMEABOUT MERESUMETUTORIALSMY FAVES

Thursday, April 10, 2014

Pop Up Easter Card

With Easter just around the corner, I thought I'd share this Easter themed card that I made for Authentique.  I used papers from their 'Promise' collection which is full of Easter themed images & is composed of colors in orange, green, blue & pink tones.
Pop up cards have been around for a very long time.  In fact a few months ago my mom was going through a couple of keepsakes she has from my grammar school days & amongst them was a pop up card that I made during art class.  This brought back memories & decided that it was time to bring back an 'oldie but goodie'.  These are fairly easy to make & add a nice dimensional touch.

 That cute little bunny is a die that I've had in my stash for many years now.  It's by Boss Kut & it's a paper piecing type of die since it cuts out all the different pieces of the bunny & you have to assemble him together.

 I'm always keeping the end user in mind so I provided an area for the sender to write a sentiment to whomever this card will be given to.
 On the cover of the card I have a few flowers, burlap ribbon, a sentiment & little Easter eggs that I fussy cut from one of the sticker elements found in the 'Promise' collection.
To add a bit more glam to my background, I randomly added Stickles to a few of the dots of my background paper.

The apple green organza ribbon star flower seen here is an item from my stash.  I have a few of these in a variety of colors available in my Etsy shop.  Feel free to check it out here if interested. 

Supplies: Paper - Authentique, Sticker Elements - Authentique, Flowers - I Am Roses, Kay's Kreative Korner, Ribbon - May Arts, Die - Boss Kut

Thanks for stopping by & enjoy the rest of the week!

Photobucket

1 comment:

  1. Ah this is such a cute card Kay.... I love their papers.... just beautiful.

    ReplyDelete

All comments are very much appreciated. Thank you for stopping by!