HOMEABOUT MERESUMETUTORIALSMY FAVES

Friday, January 24, 2014

Patience Layout Berry71Bleu January Challenge

Hello once again!  I'm back to present my project for this month's challenge over at Berry71Bleu.  The challenge for the month of January hosted by fellow DT member Denise is: 'Your Little Word for 2014'.

I've picked the word 'Patience'. I feel that I lack patience in several aspects of my life.  At work, at home even with my crafting.  I seem to be in a rush and I've been in this rush for quite some time.  It's getting to the point that I feel like I'm missing out on important things simply because I'm under this self inflicted rush to get things done quickly.  I especially feel that I'm missing out on important aspects of my son's life.  He's currently 14 months old & I'm under this awe; wondering where the first year of his life went?  It seemed to have passed by so quickly & I question myself often.  Was I present in his first year as much as I should have been?  Did I take the time to enjoy the small things that with time--mean so much? 

So with this in mind I've decided to stop, take a deep breath and take my life one day at a time, one hour at a time, one minute at a time.  There's no need to rush through life.  Time passes fast enough without me having to rush it along!
This layout is a prime example of patience.  I have several mixed media items in my crafting stash--yet I rarely do a page consisting of any mixed media.  Why?  Simply because I don't have the patience for it!?  Sometimes with mixed media you have to allow the mediums to dry or set and oh my...tick tock, tick tock, tick tock--I just don't have the patience for it.  Yes, even with the use of my heat gun I still feel like I'm losing precious minutes & seconds blowing hot air onto my page.  Tsk, tsk, tsk...yes my impatience really is that bad!

So for this page I took the time to use a few mixed media.  I've used gesso, texture paste a variety of mists & lots of stamping.
My flower clusters are composed of a variety of different colors & flowers.  I've tucked a bit of web ribbon in between my clusters to dress it up a bit more.
Here you can see the texture paste.  I added mists and stamping right onto the texture paste once it dried.
The stamped clocks along my page represent the concept of time and how I hope to take my time with several aspects within my life.
My journaling was stored in a scroll which is my absolute favorite way of storing my thoughts & feelings.  There's a tutorial on how I create these journaling scrolls here.

This lovely tag was created by Marivic Clifton, the owner of the Berry71Bleu challenge blog.  I love Marivic's tags.  For someone as impatient as me these are such a time saver.  They're so well embellished that when I add them to my page--voila!  My page is already 1/2 complete!  :-)
So what's your little word for 2014?  Make sure you take the time to check out the other DT's take on this month's challenge & play along if you can!  There are some really great prizes up for grabs for a few lucky winners.  Thanks for stopping by & enjoy the rest of the week!

Photobucket

No comments:

Post a Comment

All comments are very much appreciated. Thank you for stopping by!