HOMEABOUT MERESUMETUTORIALSMY FAVES

Monday, March 5, 2012

Completely Loved Layout


Good evening fellow scrappers! Today's page comes with an announcement. I'm very happy to say that I've been asked to join the Color Combos Galore (CCG) DT! I've definitely been expanding my experimentation with color lately so when Janet extended an offer to join her DT--I was quite happy to do so. These color palettes take me out of my comfort zone & challenge me to create pages I normally wouldn't. If you look at my earlier pages, I mostly scrapped in browns/tans & earth tone/grungy colors. But as you can see with this debut page for CCG it's anything but earth tones!

This is none other than my fur baby Toby. Even though he's a boy the way he posed for this photo just fit the overall happy colors of pinks, greens & cream. Most of the papers used & a couple of the embellishments were from the February kit called "Roses & Chocolates" by Funtoolas--a very cute Etsy shop specializing in flowers & kits for scrapbooking.

Here's the CCG challenge my page is based on. I took inspiration from the photo to create some of the elements on my page. For example, the spiral fabric flowers reminded me of the lollipops and the stripes in the green ribbon are for the striped mountains and also for the design on the lollipops. In addition, the photo is so very 'child like' which is also why I decided to scrap my little boy for this one. Sure, Toby is a pup but his personality is so very much like that of a child that it really does feel as if he's a little boy instead of a little dog.

The splatters of paint were made with a stamp set called 'Splat' by Recollections. I bought this stamp set at my local Michaels & use it frequently on my pages. I tucked a small velvet dog embellie I've had in my stash for the longest alongside the Prima vine.

I intertwined a rhinestone flourish also by Prima around the vine. I cut around the transparency the flourish was packaged with. This is how I was able to wrap it around the vine.

The journaling was printed on vellum & then cut out into strips. I tucked a bit of light pink tulle on either side of my floral clusters.

The green ribbon was adhered in the form of a 'wave' in order give it some 3D dimension.

Thanks to all of you who take the time to visit. Please do stop by CCG in order to see the other DT's take on this challenge & to play along. These colors are perfect to scrap those belated Valentine's Day photos!
Photobucket

6 comments:

  1. Yum, yum, yum. Love, love, love! Your pages are always outstanding. This is no exception. Congratulations on your debut layout, it's wonderful! I just love the different takes you took from the photo. Toby is absolutely adorable!!!! I don't think he will mind the girlie colors. Real men wear pink....;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gorgeous page! I'm in love with that cute little dog you have tucked away in all of your beautiful flowers :) Welcome to the team!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yay, I was wondering where you had disappeared to. Sometimes I forget to visit blogs so I was so happy to see you over at CCG so well deserved.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Absolutely gorgeous work, Kay.
    I love your style. So happy you joined us!!

    ReplyDelete

All comments are very much appreciated. Thank you for stopping by!