HOMEABOUT MERESUMETUTORIALSMY FAVES

Friday, November 18, 2011

34 Layout

Good evening once again fellow scrappers! Today's page is one that I did for a fairly new scrapbook kit club called C'est Magnifique. I had the honor & pleasure of being one of thier Guest Designers for the month of November. C'est Magnifique is unique in the sense that it incorporates patterned paper from international manufacturers into their kits. For the November kit titled 'Enchanted Autumn' I was able to work with papers from Sultane a French based company.

This is one of the several pages I created with this kit.

This is me just this past Spring. This photo was taken on Easter of this year. I was wearing my Sunday best & my hubby turned amateur photographer & took several pics of me that day--this being one of them.

Everything seen here came from the kit except for the splatter stamps.

I hand stitched two designs--one scalloped half square & one circle.

As mentioned before, the splatters were all made with stamps. I used white acrylic paint for the stamping since I wanted the splatters to be bold.

The punched trellis behind the photo was made with Martha Stewart's deep edge Trellis punch.


The flowers were all hand made. I used Tim Holtz's Tattered Florals die. There was a transparency that came with the kit. This is what I used for the flowers in combination with an embossed Core'dinations card stock that was also part of the kit. I have a tutorial on how I went about making the transparent petals of the flower. If interested, you can find the tutorial here.

For the embossed card stock I lightly smeared Terra Cotta dye ink on the embossed design to make them stand out more. Finally I added one white pearl in the center (also from the kit).

A close up of the title. I first inked the title with Spiced Marmalade distress ink & then added Terra Cotta ink. I then dabbed the letters with some embossing ink & spread a bit of Spiced Marmalade distressing powder on them & heat embossed the numbers.

A close up of the smaller handmade flowers.

I'll soon be posting the other pages I made with the November 'Enchanted Autumn' kit by C'est Magnifique. Try to stop by & get to know them better. They also have an interactive forum that always seems to be buzzing. The owner of C'est Magnifique, Leslie & the DT are all truly a pleasure!

Thanks to all of you who stop by for a visit!
Photobucket

8 comments:

  1. WOW...amazing page and amazing techniques! Thanks for sharing all the beautiful tutorial photos, Kay! That flower is GORGEOUS!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You're just as pretty as you can be. I read something today that you're really 1/2 your age +10, so that makes me 34 too!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm such a bad friend! I haven't visited your blog in a while!! I love the black stitching on this page. And those flowers are gorgeous! Your details show how much work you put into this. Love it!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love the vibrant colors used in this kit! What stamp is used on the background???? Heart the stitching and my favorite for months.."transparent flowers"....such a cool effect!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I've been here a lot but does not always respond. This time I can not help it - it's so beautiful. I really love new techniques and combinations of different materials in unexpected ways. Just this week I invented a new technique - An embossed baking paper and incorporated it in an altered book.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Preciosa Kay, me encantan los colores!! Y te ves muy bella a tus 34!! Somos de la misma edad!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Kay....once again, you have shown why you are the "LO Technique Queen"!!! Beautiful work!

    ReplyDelete

All comments are very much appreciated. Thank you for stopping by!