HOMEABOUT MERESUMETUTORIALSMY FAVES

Wednesday, July 30, 2014

You Color My World Mini Album

This colorful mini album is one that was made several months ago as a DT assignment for Authentique.  This little album measures approximately 3 1/2" x 3 1/2" inches & is ideal for storing wallet sized or 2" x 2" photos.

I've used papers from Authentique's 'Renew' collection. This mini album was made by using the meander technique.  There are countless of tutorial on YouTube & on the internet on how to go about making this type of mini album.  This was a first for me & I found it to be a very quick & easy way to create a base for a mini album.
The cover is a combination of sticker elements that I bought at my local Michaels and a color wheel stamp by Sweet Stamp Shop.  The easel  was an embellishment by Jolees..it has an actual canvas texture.  I applied a couple of alcohol ink drops directly onto the canvas.  This gave the illusion of paint splatters on the canvas.
The design of the meander album was altered slightly.  I added tags to all the pockets & created a few pages towards the center of the album that flip open & reveal more space to store additional photos.
Since I added additional flip pages to this mini--it ended up being a thick mini--but it can be tied closed with the ribbon & it's a really cute way to store pictures of kids, grand kids or even pets.  Since it's a small album, it's also convenient to carry around in a purse or tote.
The color wheel is an interactive embellishment.  You can spin the upper level of the wheel--I thought this would add a nice touch to the whole 'color' theme of the mini.

Supplies: Paper - Authentique, Stickers - Authentique, Jolees, Stamps - Sweet Stamp Shop, Ribbon - May Arts
Photobucket

3 comments:

  1. Great job Kay! I love it, I really want to try to make one of these, one day I hope! I love that little easel, so well done.

    ReplyDelete

All comments are very much appreciated. Thank you for stopping by!