HOMEABOUT MERESUMETUTORIALSMY FAVES

Thursday, December 19, 2013

Scenic Christmas Photo Ornament Box

With Christmas around the corner I thought I'd take a few to share this project I made for Authentique a few weeks back.  My son was born in November of last year.  So this time last year he was just a wee tiny little pea pod & mostly slept through the Holidays.  This year he's much more aware of his surroundings. So we decided to do more with him this year--amongst those things was taking a few Christmas photo action shots.

I wanted to display one of his photos on our Christmas tree as an ornament.  So I created a mini winter wonderland ornament for him to sit in!  :-)

The box is made from heavy card stock & dressed up with papers from Authentique's 'Joyous' line. 
Around this time of year--just about all arts & crafts stores carry Christmas decorations.  I bought several decorations that are meant for miniature Christmas trees.  These mini decorations are just the right size to create your own version of a mini dimensional ornament.

The ornament box measures 5" inches x 4" inches. 
The decorative bird I also found at my local craft store--just think 'small' when browsing around the Holidays!  All of these small but dimensional embellies make for all sorts of unique projects.

The 'snow' was created by putting down a bit of clear dry adhesive & white Flower Soft.
I was able to fussy cut my son from one of the photographs & I adhered him to the background with a couple of pop dots to give him a bit of dimension.

Here's the back of my ornament box.  I strung some ribbon through the top & now I'm able to hang this ornament photo box onto my Christmas tree!

As always, a big thank you to all who stop by to visit.  I hope this project inspires some of you to create your own personal ornaments.

Enjoy the rest of the week...
Photobucket

2 comments:

  1. Tut tut! he is absolutely adorable your little man, can remember the photos of him as newborn just a wee little bundle in your arms. Such a wonderful idea to create this ornament for your tree, it's wonderful!! Popping in to wish you and your family a joyous Christmas! I have loved being on the OUAS team with you, all the very best for 2014! xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  2. wow wow wow , this is amazing ... such a glorious energy to your work , striking with a capital S....sigh and drool . cant stop looking at these beautiful works of art ... hope you enjoyed your xmas ... may 2014 bring you lots of joy, happiness and health ... big hugz and kisses to you x

    ReplyDelete

All comments are very much appreciated. Thank you for stopping by!