HOMEABOUT MERESUMETUTORIALSMY FAVES

Wednesday, September 18, 2013

Precious Memories Layout

Good afternoon fellow scrappers!  It's a crisp fall-like day here in the East Coast today--ahhhhh Autumn is almost here which is my most favorite season!  I can't wait until the leaves start turning colors & am more than ready for a pumpkin spice latte by Starbucks!

 Today I have a page I created for Authentique some time ago & have never posted.  For this layout I used Authentique's Irresistible collection which I felt was perfect for a wedding themed layout.

Of course I have been married almost 6 years now and still have photos I haven't scrapped yet from that memorable day...so finding the right photos for this was fairly easy.

I've also incorporated a small 'Memories' acrylic title by Clear Scraps.
I designed my page based on a sketch from Page Drafts.  Here's the sketch I based it on.

The Irresistible collection is all in black & white--I kept it predominantly with these colors & just decided to add splashes of red here and there.

The organza star flower shown here are items from my own stash.  I have an abundance of these flowers in different colors--so many in fact, that I've put some of them up for sale in my Etsy shop.  Feel free to take a look if interested.  
Adding dots of liquid pearls along any border adds a nice subtle visual touch--here I decided to highlight the border of the circular photo with Bisque Liquid Pearls.
The resin birds & bird bath are by Prima...all of the other elements are part of the Irresistible collection.  I'm a big fan of storing small nick knacks in tiny glass vials.  I've had little red heart confetti for the longest time and I finally found some use for them!

The shimmery red hearts are dollar items I found at my local Michaels store.  I'm guilty of buying miscellaneous items such as these when on clearance.  You never know when the perfect opportunity will arise to use them!
How I love acrylic!  You can do so much with it.  For the 'Memories' acrylic title I first highlighted the edges with a black Sharpie marker.  Next I dry embossed the title--embossing is one of the best ways to add a bit of texture to your acrylic elements.  Finally I went along the edges again but this time with Star Dust Stickles to give it a bit of a shine.
Embroidery floss was added for a different kind of embellishment to the background of my page.  I made this by creating some very, very, VERY long stitches!  lol  If interested on how I created these 'strings' I have a tutorial for it here.  The heart banner is a die by La-La Land Crafts.

Thanks to all of you who stop by for a visit...enjoy the rest of the week!

Photobucket

2 comments:

  1. BEAUTIFUL LAYOUT - as always!! Especially LOVE LOVE LOVE what you did with the acrylic "Memories"
    :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. So many beautiful details Kay and how gorgeous are your wedding photos! Did you use a Page Draft sketch for this?

    ReplyDelete

All comments are very much appreciated. Thank you for stopping by!