HOMEABOUT MERESUMETUTORIALSMY FAVES

Saturday, December 8, 2012

Christmas 2009 (MCS GDT)

Good evening once again!  Am back to present my second guest design layout made with the My Creative Scrapbook (MCS) December Main Kit featuring papers by Authentique, Echo Park & Carta Bella.

For this page I went with a simple background & followed a sketch made by Kim Keane.

As mentioned in my previous post--this kit gave me the opportunity to scrap Christmas past--so here's a photo taken in Christmas of 2009.
This is the sketch used as the base for my page.  I followed this sketch pretty closely.
Here's the MCS December Main Kit. MCS offers it's customers 4 different kits each month!  So talk about variety!  They have the Main Kit, Limited Edition Kit, Creative Kit & Album Kit.  Make sure to check out their site to see all the other talented designers take on this month's kits.
This pretty red flower is by Prima & came with the kit.
I added more interest to my page by adding many dots of Stickles in Xmas Red, Lime Green & Star Dust.

The dots & stars seen inside my three circles were hand drawn by me.  Just take a fine tip marker in the color of your choice & randomly draw little stars & dots.  The red snowflakes is a small stamp from my stash.  I believe I found it in the dollar bin of my local craft store Michaels!
I used a mask along with Walnut Stain distress ink to create this flourish.

This mask & the Stickles are the only things that did not come with the kit.  Everything else seen here was part of the kit.

I have one more project to share--I'll be back soon.  In the meantime--thanks for stopping by & enjoy the rest of the weekend!
Photobucket

5 comments:

  1. So very beautiful...love your design!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is an incredible page! I really love all the extra detail and attention you put into it. It's just so lovely!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a gorgeous Christmas page! I love all the circles, and all the beautiful details!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow, what an amazing layout this is! Love it!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Such a stunning LO!! Love the repeated circles and flourish leaves!! ~ Blessings, Tracey

    http://gracescraps.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete

All comments are very much appreciated. Thank you for stopping by!